Every Day is Earth Day at York
BO6701, RI5104, DM4921, OS4241
York’s Environmental Stewardship:
The commitment to quality interiors goes beyond good looks. York is concerned with the effect our products have on indoor air quality, and how our manufacturing process affects the exterior environment. York complies with U.S. federal environmental laws and regulations which are among the most rigorous in the world - and initiates voluntary measures that support the principles of such laws.
- York is a member of the USGBC Member (US Green Building Council) to assist in the protection, preservation, and restoration of the environment through technologies and science.
- York voluntarily participates in the EPA’s Waste Wise Partnership which seeks to develop practical solid waste prevention through sustainable material management.
- York has instituted pollution prevention through product design, material selection, waste reduction, recycling, and energy reduction.
- York has invested in improving the energy efficiencies of facilities and equipment.
- York monitors Environmental Performance through audits and periodic reviews, revising policy as necessary.
York’s Manufacturing Initiatives:
The policies we keep replenishing what we use, create with what needs recycled, and protect the public. York is serious about environment stewardship and its impact on future generations.
- Products are sourced from managed forests
- Water-based inks and coatings
- Commercial vinyl wallcovering meets CDPH section 01350 for office and school interiors for low emissions.
- Industry average, ISO 14025, and third-party certified Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)
- York Contract contributes towards Leeds points
- NSF342 Sustainability Standard
- Quietwall Acoustical products are produced using eco-fi polyester from recycled water/soda bottles
- Glass beads are made from recycled windshield glass
CARING FOR THE PLANET IS GOOD BUSINESS